Sitting here with a cheap cup of coffee, I am suddenly aware that this is, as some ad once said, "The first day of the rest of your life". I am finishing grading the final papers for my part-time teaching job. I will post the final grades in the next 24 hours. Then I am done. No, I mean really done. No other contract is waiting. Done.
Pretty damn scary. This was the job to cover the gap as I escaped my corporate cubicle to self-employment. Now I must rely on what I promised myself I was supposed to be doing. I must have 100% faith in that. No more safety net.
I am going to muster my courage up today and post pictures of my art work on Etsy. I am going to mail the three query letters I have for terrific magazine articles I have researched. Whew. There I said it. Somehow actually taking the risk is horrifying and scintillating at the same time.
No choice but "do it or die".
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Today is the Day
Labels:
art,
calling,
chance,
cubicle,
leaving corporate job,
self-employment,
writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment